Blue Canoe Productions is a non-profit youth theatre organization which strives to provide youth aged 30 and under with opportunities to explore their interest in theatre and the arts. The Education Director of Blue Canoe is the head of the companys' educational programming, Launch Point Academy, providing quality camps, classes, resources, and programming opportunities for aspiring youth artists.
- To generate and carry out educational programming including camps, training opportunities, productions, projects, events, workshops, and other engagement programs.
- To create and manage education project timelines and calendars, which will include all major deadlines and milestones for each project.
- To hire/recruit additional staff/volunteers for project-specific roles, where needed and fiscally appropriate under direction of the General Manager.
- To delegate, where needed, the assignment of duties/responsibilities to project-specific staff, volunteers, students, etc.
- To operate within the season budget for Blue Canoe, as described by the General Manager and/or Advisory Board.
- To source and apply for additional sources of funding such as grants, sponsorships, donations, and partnerships.
- To support Blue Canoe’s development, including development of partnerships, funding sources, resource development, and overall values.
- Collaborating with department directors on all Blue Canoe & Juvenis projects to consult and provide support in ensuring all relevant programs have educational elements.
- To support all other Blue Canoe programming and work within an inclusive and collaborative team environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Education or related
- Experience and understanding of Theatre, Musical Theatre, and the Arts.
- Knowledge or experience related to curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge of school board functions and understanding of student needs is an asset
- Experience working as a camp counsellor is an asset
- Must fall within the age range outlined by Blue Canoe's Company Mandate (Individuals 30 and under)
- CPIC with vulnerable sector screening from the last 6 months
- Current certifications for standard first aid and CRP level C
Job Types: Part-time, Contract (reflecting approximately 15 hours/week with potential to increase).
Start date: Monday February 1st 2021
To apply please send your resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview taking place Thursday January 27th-Saturday January 30th between the hours of 9:30am-4:30pm.
**Please note this position will commence and operate as a fully virtual/work from home position until such time as we are safely able to resume in person programming.