Blue Canoe Productions is a youth theatre company which strives to provide youth under the age of 30 with opportunities to explore their interest in theatre and the arts. The Education Director of Blue Canoe will be the head of the companys' educational programming, Lauchpoint Academy, providing quality camps and programming opportunities for aspiring youth artists.
To apply send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com by September 24th at 5:00pm.
- To generate and carry out educational programming including camps, training productions, projects, events, workshops, and other engagement programs.
- To create and manage education project timelines and calendars, which will include all major deadlines and milestones for each project.
- To hire/recruit additional staff/volunteers for project-specific roles, where needed and fiscally appropriate under direction of the general manager.
- To delegate, where needed, the assignment of duties/responsibilities to project-specific staff, volunteers, students, etc.
- To operate within the season budget for Blue Canoe, as described by the General Manager and/or Advisory Board.
- To source and apply for additional sources of funding.
- To support Blue Canoe’s development, including partnerships and sponsorship.
- To support all other Blue Canoe programming
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Education or related
- Experience and understanding of Theatre
- Knowledge or experience related to curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge of school board functions and understanding of student needs is an asset
- Experience working as a camp counsellor is an asset
- CPIC with vulnerable sector screening from the last 6 months
- Current certifications for standard first aid and CRP level C