Managing Director of The Juvenis Festival
Job Title: Managing Director of The Juvenis Festival
Job Start Date: September 10, 2018
Contract Duration: 9 Months with possible extension
The Managing Director is the primary leader for the Juvenis Youth Arts Festival that will be entering its 4th year in 2019. This position is responsible for the overall administration and execution of the festival. The Managing Director will be responsible for all aspects of managing the festival through sourcing funding, creating the festival timeline, scheduling, festival planning and ensuring that the values of the festival are upheld throughout the process.
- Creating and overseeing the Juvenis Festival production calendar
- Developing festival deadlines
- Supporting other festival staff including hiring, assigning responsibility and creating the overall staffing structure.
- Supporting project leaders
- Managing the Juvenis Annual Donation Campaign
- Managing a Sponsorship and Ad sales campaign, sourcing community sponsors, partners and collaborators for the festival.
- Selecting the Juvenis Programming Committee and chairing the meetings and project selection process.
- Managing the Juvenis Festival Workshops Series
- Festival Administrators duties such as Audition sign ups, Production hiring, Project requirement, Director hiring, Project Leader requirement, etc.
- General Outreach, Public Relations and Promotions for the Festival.
- Supporting and developing relationships with local partners, this includes maintaining current relationships and developing new ones.
- Other Blue Canoe administrative duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is interested in learning more about all aspects of the successful running of a youth arts organization. They are eager to contribute to and help shape the artistic journey, vision and mandate of Blue Canoe.
The ideal candidate will…
- Be under the age of 30
- Be able to commit a full-time work week of approx. 35 hours/week
- Have an interest or background in the arts, an arts degree is an asset but not a requirement
- Be highly motivated and self-driven
- Have an understanding of arts administration
- Have a passion for creating opportunities for youth the arts
- Have a willingness to learn more about arts administration and producing projects
- Have experience working with youth between the ages of 13-30
- Have a general understanding of the Kingston Community and Kingston arts scene
- Have experience working with people, leading and working in a team
- Be a dedicated, passionate and independent worker.
- Be able to meet deadlines, set priorities, multi-task and work under pressure
- Be highly organized
- Have experience organizing large groups and managing peers.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Have proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel) and Windows computing
A background or understanding of a variety of arts disciplines is an asset
How To Apply:
Please send a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com please subject the email the name of the position(s) you wish to apply for and please include in your email your availability for an interview from July 22 to August 4.
We thank you for your interest in Blue Canoe, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Friday July 13 by 6:00pm