Job Title: Producer
Start Date: September 10, 2018
Contract Duration: 9 Months with possible extension
A Producer is one of the most complex roles in the arts, it can have many responsibilities depending upon the project. A Proudcer for Blue Canoe is a manager who is in charge of looking at the big picture, ensuring departments are communicating, supporting those working on projects and overseeing all programming at Blue Canoe. The Producer will be responsible for creating a safe and inclusive space, and ensuring that every project and person are aware of the values of working on a Blue Canoe project. They will be responsible for managing and producing existing projects and will have the ability to create new projects. On top of an interest in the arts, they should be someone who knows Kingston and what the people of Kingston will want to see and participate in.
- Creating an understanding and instilling the Blue Canoe Values in every project produced by Blue Canoe
- Hiring Directors and Project Leaders for theatre productions and special events
- Collaborating with directors in selecting musicals, plays and other artistic content
- Produce Projects and Theatre Productions by having meaningful involvement through providing input in auditions, workshops and rehearsals as appropriate.
- Creating New Projects
- Overseeing Project Budgets
- Outreach through Partner and Public Relations
- Collaborating with the Marketing department on various projects.
- Producing and leading projects in the Juvenis Youth Arts Festival
- General Project and Event Management
The ideal candidate is interested in learning more about all aspects of the successful running of a youth arts organization. They are eager to contribute to and help shape the artistic journey, vision and mandate of Blue Canoe.
The ideal candidate will…
- Be under the age of 30
- Be able to commit a full-time work week of approx. 35 hours/week
- Have an interest or background in the arts, an arts degree is an asset but not a requirement.
- Have an understanding of the theatre-making process and the challenges and demands of producing arts projects.
- Have a willingness to learn more about arts administration and producing
- Have experience working with youth between the ages of 13-30
- Have a general understanding of the Kingston Community and Kingston arts scene
- Have experience working with people, leading and working in a team
- Be a dedicated, passionate and independent worker.
- Be able to meet deadlines, set priorities, multi-task and work under pressure
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Have proficiency with Microsoft software (Word and Excel) and Windows computing
How To Apply:
Please send a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com please subject the email the name of the position(s) you wish to apply for and please include in your email your availability for an interview from July 22 to August 4.
We thank you for your interest in Blue Canoe, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Friday July 13 by 6:00pm