Job Title: Education Director
Start Date: September 10, 2018
Contract Duration: 9 Months with possible extension
The Education Director is responsible for leading Launch Point Academy, the Blue Canoe education project. The Director will take an overall leadership role, including planning for the year, creating curriculums, hiring facilitators, volunteers for education classes, intensives, workshops and camp programs. This position will also possibly teach and facilitate as well as manage all educators hired.
- Education Planning for the year for Launch Point Academy
- Creating curriculums and lesson plans
- Hiring Facilitators, Teachers and Instructors
- General Outreach to support promotion of the education events, parent and guardian contact and staff relations.
- Outreaching by developing relationships with schools and youth/children’s groups
- General Education Administrations including creating welcome pages, managing sign up platforms, etc.
- Teaching classes, instensives or workshops
The ideal candidate will…
- Be under the age of 30
- Be able to work 25 hours a week of flexible hours
- Have a degree in education or the arts, or have a background in teaching in the arts.
- Have a passion for education and the arts
- Be highly motivated and self-driven
- Be a dedicated, passionate and independent worker.
- Be able to meet deadlines, set priorities, multi-task and work under pressure
- Be highly organized
- Have experience organizing large groups and managing peers.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Have a background in Theatre, Music, Dance or another artform that the candidate feels comfortable teaching skills to others
How To Apply:
Please send a cover-letter and resume to email@example.com please subject the email the name of the position(s) you wish to apply for and please include in your email your availability for an interview from July 22 to August 4.
We thank you for your interest in Blue Canoe, please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
Friday July 13 by 6:00pm